” Bang & Olufsen (B&O) is a Danish company that designs and manufactures audio products, television sets and telephones. It was founded in 1925 by Peter Bang and Svend Olufsen, whose first significant product was a radio that worked with alternating current, when most radios were run from batteries. In 2004, the company opened a factory in the Czech Republic where it employs approximately 250 staff producing mainly audio products” (Wikipeda).
Project entailed a complete “Retail Store” design for a Danish company named “Bang & Olufsen” within a specific perimeter of an indoor shopping mall.
This conceptual retail store design is based on the elegant and minimalist design of Bang & Olufsen’s products.
The floor plan of this design is based on 3 major concepts:
- Space within a Space
Major goals within this project are:
- An acoustic focal point with the store that serves as:
- a testing chamber for the consumer to test the audio equipment
- a display case that showcases audio equipment and accessories within the traffic flow of the store
- A lounged checkout
- incorporation of touch screen displays through out the store enable the consumer to learn about different products
- Space Planning
- Lighting Design
- Sketchup and Advance Rendering